Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Summer Summer Time ( In my Fresh Prince voice)

I don't know about you but I love summer time its my favorite season. I am a true Floridian, but the heat is no friend to my hair. I'm sure a lot of you can identify with the damaging effects of the weather on your hair. No matter how you wear it . Although protective styling would be ideal I don't like wearing my hair in protective style all the time(before I became loc'd), it makes me feel like what's the use in having hair if I can't wear it and enjoy it. That's my rebellious side.

We all know that protecting your hair should be first on the list of hair maintenance. I have just a few tips on how to keep your tresses drenched with moisture. If anyone has any ideas add them to the comment section for other readers. Let's get interactive!




Tips for Loc wearers:

A daily spritzers:
Mix rose water
glycerin (not much as glycerin draws moisture from where it can find it, which could be your hair as well)
essential oils orange, lavender,lemongrass,tea tree(1 or 2 drops)
Carrier oil like Olive oil, Avocado, or Coconut oil
add this in a spray bottle with distilled water
shake before each use and use daily


For Loose naturals and Relaxed
when you do your cleansing regimen or when you do your co-wash using a moisturizing conditioner and allow to sit on the hair for 10 or 15 mins. Be careful not use conditioners that say reconstruct, or strengthening these usually have protein and to much can cause drying to the hair.

Add hot oil treatment to your regimen more frequently then normal (Loc'd and loose naturals)
Wear your hair in protective styling as often as you can
Invest in hats and scarves to protect hair against direct sunlight
SPF your hair by using a good oil to seal in moisture

These are just some of the things I have found helpful in the past, if you have anything to add please add them in the comment section. See ya Later alligator!!!

1 comment: